I am currently working as a research associate in the School of Social and Political Sciences at the University of Glasgow, carrying out research in the field of digital media and communications. I am also one of the coordinators of the Glasgow Social and Digital Change Group, a multidisciplinary research network examining how digital technologies shape and intersect with social, political and cultural change.
- Media and Communications
- Datafication of Everyday Life
- Data Activism and Resistance
- Critical Digital Literacy
- Social Media Research
- Surveillance and Privacy
- The Political Economy of the Internet
- Youth Studies
- Social Theory, especially the works of Bourdieu, De Certeau and Foucault
- Participatory Research
- Innovative and Digital Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods
Throughout the research projects I worked on, I used a range of different qualitative research methods, including semi-structured interviews, digital methods, focus groups, observations, ‘vox pops’ and participatory photography.