I have presented papers at various national and international academic conferences including:
- 2019 – Competences and Skills in the Governance of a Digitally Transformed Society Workshop, EU Joint Research Centre (Ispra, Italy)
Paper: Data Awareness and Data Literacy: Young people’s tactical engagement with digital platforms
- 2019 – The British Sociological Association Annual Conference, Glasgow Caledonian University
Paper: Prompting or checking? Repurposing Facebook Activity Logs and Search Histories in interview settings
Paper: A Time of One’s Own? Young people’s use of social media platforms in the context of neoliberal governmentality (with Dr Susan Batchelor, The University of Glasgow)
- 2017 – The British Sociological Association Annual Conference, The University of Manchester
Paper: Young People and Social Network Sites: Changing Perceptions of Scrutiny in the Personal and Professional Realms.
- 2016 – Third Forum of the International Sociological Association, The University of Vienna
Paper: Young People’s Understandings of Social Media: Changing Perceptions and Reflective Practices.
- 2016 – The 7th Biennial Surveillance & Society Conference, The University of Barcelona
Paper: Scrutiny and Surveillance on Social Media: Change or Continuity? Young Adults’ Perceptions and Practices.
- 2015 – The 5th Information Communication Technologies & Society Conference, Vienna University of Technology
Paper: Surveillance Enabling Technologies and Peer Scrutiny: Impacts on Young People’s Interpersonal Relationships.
- 2014 – Social Media Analysis: Methods and Ethics, The University of Glasgow
Paper: Enabling Surveillance: Young people’s Uses and Understandings of Mobile Technologies; Ethics and Methodological Issues